Bummer, could not run '/etc/init.d/rcS': No such file or directory

Prakash N npk_0 at yahoo.co.in
Thu Apr 27 10:50:46 UTC 2006

  Ole-Egil,
  I followed the articles from
  http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/~jamie/research/LinuxPort/linux_port.htm
  http://www.klingauf.de/v2p/index.phtml
  http://splish.ee.byu.edu/projects/LinuxFPGA/configuring.htm
  where they succeeded , and I followed that exactly.
  How can I add bash , is it by make menuconfig or download bash (from where) and cross compile to busybox
  Please explain little more
 Prakash
 Ole-Egil Hvitmyren <oehvitmyren at network-electronics.com> wrote: Prakash N wrote:
 > Hi,
 > Yes I'd seen the rcH file it contains the same #!/bin/sh
 > I attached my root filesystem (RFS)  which is generated from mkrootfs
 > script.

 But you don't have a /bin/sh

 It's not the script that isn't found, it's the shell which is needed to
 interpret the script.

 Compile ash into busybox,  then try again.