BB code beautification?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 20 16:21:08 UTC 2006

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006, Rob Landley wrote:

> Which part of "no" didn't you understand?

i understood it perfectly well, thanks.

> If we did have a flag day switchover to such a thing, we would then
> have to maintain it.  There would be patches going into the tree to
> "fix" code that has int function() rather than "int\nfunction();".
> There is no benefit in adding such a maintenance burden because
> there are packages (like ctags, which is not the only one) that do
> this already.

and you missed the main point i was making.  i have no problem with
having a style suggestion rejected because there is already a current
coding style.  what irked me was to be told there was a current coding
style, only to find out that it's not even *enforced*.  which, in the
end, makes it kind of pointless.

let's drop it and move on.

rday