nc "gaping security hole" menu config entry??

Natanael Copa natanael.copa at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 16:12:29 UTC 2006

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, Mike Frysinger wrote:

>>> ok, this is one of those cases where i *don't* feel at all bound
>>> by historical precedent.
>> if you ever read through the netcat source, the option name makes
>> sense ... personally i'd just keep it as is ;)
>
> sorry.  i don't feel the need to actually RTFS to suggest that this is
> a thoroughly useless option name and should be changed.

Every time I see people asking questions about this name, I get more
convinced how good the name is. :-)

It works like this: If you don't know what it does, you either find it
out or turn it off.

I have read the source (I even think I have a print somewhere) and I
vote for keeping the name.

--
Natanael Copa