bugs in regex_process() in less applet

Vladimir N. Oleynik dzo at simtreas.ru
Wed Apr 19 09:38:36 UTC 2006

Hi, Natanael.

> I actually think its understandable that Vladimir want to block dynamic
>   ip address ranges.
> Now, in some places in the world its difficult to get an internet
> connection. It might be slow and expensive. You might pay for the amount
> of data you download.
 > Pretty much of the bad stuff comes from infected home windows boxes and
 > by blocking known dynamic ranges you can reduce the traffic a lot and
 > don't need to pay for bandwidth of emails that are going directly to
 > /dev/null.
 >
 > So if you pay much for you internet connectivity, you volunteer a lot
 > (dont get paid for downloading and reading emails), you maybe don't even
 > have a choice: reduce data load or disconnect.

Yes. You are right absolutely for me a situation with connectivity.
$ grep "Apr 18.*milter-regex.*cb_connect" mailog | wc -l
1825
90% have strange reverse address

 > Myself had to redirect my outgoing email through my ISP because people
 > complained about emails not reaching their destination.

Heh. This service form my ISP have pay $0.05 per each email and $0.22 per Mb
with non pretty spam filter. And is most cheap ISP in my location.

--w
vodz