alternative decodeString() for httpd.c

Vladimir N. Oleynik dzo at simtreas.ru
Mon Apr 17 09:54:07 UTC 2006

Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> i have no idea what this means.  in an earlier post, i described what
> i thought was some odd behaviour based on the current implementation
> of decodeString() in httpd.c.  specifically,
>
>   $ httpd -d "abc"
>   abc			OK
>   $ httpd -d "abc/"
>   abc/			also OK
>   $ httpd -d "abc%2f"
>   bc%2f			??????
>
> why did the leading "a" disappear?  and why was that trailing "/" not
> decoded?  perhaps this is what it's *supposed* to do but it just looks
> strange to me.  feel free to explain what's happening here if you
> know.

It is a small problem in API decodeString() <->httpd_main().
As it is solved you already saw in the new version.
And at all how you have offered, by removal of *specially added* code.

> the proposal to remove the STANDALONE feature in httpd.c was discussed
> for *days* on this list.  it would have been nice if you'd said
> something before now.

days? Lie!

http://www.busybox.net/lists/busybox/2006-April/020413.html
http://www.busybox.net/lists/busybox/2006-April/020423.html

its 2 hour. In my local timezone is 23.51 and 00.47 clock.
I sleep in this time.

--w
vodz