Incorrect exit status from nfsmount.c...

Robert J Eggers eggers at us.ibm.com
Mon Apr 17 00:23:04 UTC 2006

    While looking into an odd nfsmount behavior with BB, I noticed the
changelog posted on http://busybox.net/downloads/ is empty -- though I
presume it shouldn't be.?:O)

My problem/concern ...
    It seems nfsmount.c may return good status even when the nfsversion is
out of range.  This means the return to mount.c may (?) allow for
potentially bad/incomplete data (normally assembled and then copied out
from an nfs_mount_data struct) to be passed to the mount call.  Wasn't
sure whether I should just change the bad returns from nfsmount so I chose
instead to catch the bad nfs_mount_data just before the mount call.  Is
there any reason to think those incorrect nfsmount returns are there for a
reason?

I'd appreciate any thoughts on this...

nfsmount call from mount.c:

        if (nfsmount(mp->mnt_fsname, mp->mnt_dir, &vfsflags, &options, 1))
{
            bb_perror_msg("nfsmount failed");
            return 1;
        }
else return mount_it_now(mp, vfsflags);

The code in question from nfsmount.c (around lines 575-580):

if (nfsvers > MAX_NFSPROT) {
        bb_error_msg("NFSv%d not supported!", nfsvers);
        return 0;
}
if (mountvers > MAX_NFSPROT) {
        bb_error_msg("NFSv%d not supported!", nfsvers);
        return 0;
}

Thanks much,