simplifying the networking/Config.in WRT "ip"

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Fri Apr 14 19:53:23 UTC 2006

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006, Rob Landley wrote:

> On Friday 14 April 2006 3:20 pm, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >   do those semantics make sense?  it clears a whole pile of
> > unnecessary clutter out of Config.in, but it still leaves "ifupdown"
> > making a mess of things.
>
> I'm all for removing clutter, but I don't use these commands and this is a
> user interface issue, so I'm not qualified to have an opinion here.
>
> I have no objection to somebody _else_ doing it...

i guess a larger question is -- what *should* BB support in terms of
commands which duplicate functionality?  should both variations be
supported?  it's not like it costs any more code -- as you said, it's
a user interface issue.

so who wants to define the proper *semantics* of what should be
available?

rday