Releasing 1.02 and 1.1-pre1.

David Seikel won_fang at yahoo.com.au
Wed Sep 28 16:41:08 UTC 2005

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:59:27 -0500 Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:
> None of this is really a 1.1-pre1 issue, though.  I think we've got
> plenty of features for the next release already...

Yep, don't let this hold up the 1.1-pre1 issue, leave it until the next
release.  Then people can have plenty of time to pick holes in my code,
and help me reduce the size.

Next time I write a proper web site, rather than a quick cut and paste
job.  I can see now that there is a lot of confusion about what exactly
urunlevel is.

urunlevel is not a replacement for init, it goes hand in hand with
init.  urunlevel is a system to provide LSB compliant support for run
levels.  It is made up of 21 busybox applets.  8 of those applets are
direct implementations of all the programs defined by LSB for run
level / init script support.  7 of them are run level 'scripts', and
although they implement the LSB defined scripts that should be the
minimal scripts supplied by a distro, they can just be used as
examples.  The remaining applets are those used by the distro I am
building to complete a busybox only boot/init/run level scripts boot
sequence, and are also examples of how to tie this all together into a
system.

I said it was too big to post.  Here is the direct download of the
source code for all of the above -

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/urunlevel/urunlevel-20050317.tar.bz2?download

Note the date in the tarball name, it patches against busybox of that
long ago.  I have not worked on it since then, but I will get around to
it again in the fullness of time.  Got other things to finish right now.

Ignore the web site, use the source Luke.  My bad.

--
Stuff I have no control over could be added after this line.