Releasing 1.02 and 1.1-pre1.

David Seikel won_fang at yahoo.com.au
Wed Sep 28 02:28:40 UTC 2005

I just updated my email client, and it is doing strange things.  It
should be fixed now, but this may be garbled.

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 20:43:38 -0500 Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:

> We have init and we have initd, both of which are designed to launch
> things (and re-lanch them).  If somebody wanted to extend this
> infrastructure I can see that might be useful, but pointing me to a
> web page that has a heap of infrastructure with no real explanation
> of the rationale (and one of the dumbest frames-based designs I've
> ever seen: why does it split the screen in half?)

The web site was a quick cut and paste from some other web site, where
the frames made more sense.  Somewhere in the site it says that the
current state of the documentation is the usual woeful state expected
of first release open source software.

> Can't say I read much further.

I could suggest to ignore the crappy web site, and check out the
slightly less crappy code, but I suspect I'm flogging a dead horse.
I'll try again whenever I get around to making a second release.

--
Stuff I have no control over could be added after this line.