Some problem when init

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Sep 23 13:06:13 UTC 2005

On Friday 23 September 2005 05:43, he qhong wrote:
> Dear all:
>     I have build busybox1.03

That's quite an accomplishment.  Could I have the source?

Or do you mean busybox 1.00-pre3 (which is 2 years old) or 1.00-rc3 (which is
1 year old)?

>   VFS: Mounted root (cramfs filesystem) readonly.
>   Mounted devfs on /dev
>   Freeing init memory: 80K
>   /bin/sh: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypt.so.1: cannot open
> shared object file: No such fil e or directory
>    Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init!
>
>   why? how can I repair it?
>   thanks!

This isn't a busybox problem, this is a linux boot problem.  You don't seem to
understand how to resolve shared library dependencies.

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Bootdisk-HOWTO/buildroot.html#AEN561

And _this_ is a FAQ.