selinux-patch for 1.01 - checked warnings

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Sep 23 13:00:19 UTC 2005

On Friday 23 September 2005 02:56, Vladimir N. Oleynik wrote:
> Cat you make this patch as:
>
> 1) add selinux flag to include/applets.h
> -# define APPLET(a,b,c,d)
> +# define APPLET(a,b,c,d, selinux_flag)

I wince when you say that, but I suppose I can see the reasoning.

> 2) insert selinux initializes to run_applet_by_name()
> #ifdef CONFIG_SELINUX
>  if(applet_using->selinux)
>   selinux_initialize_stuff();
> #endif
> 3) may be remove all selinux-shit from applet`s sourses
> and move to libbb member selinux_stuff()
> (may be for run_shell() too)

I suspect your translation program probably should be translating that as the
less offensive term "crap" (as in selinux-crap).  You're coming off as 2-3
times more insulting than you probably mean to.

> ?
> Else, I think do remove this selinux-shit and move
> your patch to the patches/ project directory.

Actually what might be useful is first a patch to cleanly remove the
broken/obsolete selinux stuff that's there, and _then_ a patch on top of that
one to add new (useful) selinux stuff.  Then we can argue selinux on its
merits, rather than somebody doing black magic to an existing broken and
unintelligible mess.

That's noticeably more work, though, and this is the 1.0 line we're talking
about.  (Which I'm _trying_ to obsolete.  Really I am... :)

What state would you say 1.1 is in?  If you're suggesting an architectural
change, make the change to 1.1 first and then backport, pretty please. :)