less bug?

Vladimir N. Oleynik dzo at simtreas.ru
Thu Sep 22 14:23:26 UTC 2005

Rob,

> !feof(fp) is actually better than feof(fp)==0 because the ! version logically
> translates to "not end of file on fp".  That's exactly what ! is for.  Why
> change it?
>
> Otherwise seems sane.  (I was offline for a couple days, and it looks like
> vodz got it while I was out...)

The less applet have other hard problems:
1) bad show if filename or showing line have size > terminal width
2) if line too long, then bad internal line counter,
remove each 255-th char
3) don`t work as "cat" if stdout is not tty
./busybox less file | ./busybox less
wait 2 key for each "less"
4) do not clear higlihting founds for new search
5) generate segmentation fault for empty search

this list is quick examine, other stranges for me and lammers code
I have quick removed.

--w
vodz