[patch] make new parts of testsuite work via make check

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Sep 21 18:04:44 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 20 September 2005 12:48, Bernhard Fischer wrote:

> >> Hm? My copy of trunks runtest reads:
> >> $ grep srcdir= runtest
> >> [ -n "$srcdir" ] || srcdir=$(pwd)
> >
> >Yeah, but if you run the test directly then srcdir has not been set.
>
> If srcdir isn't set then just fall back to ./
> so in *.test:
> . ${srcdir:-.}/testing.sh
> (instead of the . ${srcdir}/testing.sh i had in the propsed patch).
>
> Would that do it?

As long as you don't mind the "links" directory getting created who knows
where and potentially not getting cleaned up by make clean, then yeah.

However, putting that in each .tests file is a bit overkill if you can just
insert srcdir at the start of $PATH.

> With your recent change, i now get:
> $ make check 2>&1 >&1 | egrep -v "(FAIL|PASS|UNTESTED)"
> bindir=obj.ia32/busybox.oorig
> srcdir=obj.ia32/busybox.oorig/testsuite \
> obj.ia32/busybox.oorig/testsuite/runtest
> obj.ia32/busybox.oorig/testsuite/runtest: line 106:
> ./busybox.tests: No such file or directory

Yeah, the current directory isn't want it expects it to be.

Oh, I think I understand what you're trying to do.

I just checked in a patch.  Let me know what's still broken. :)

Okay, I checked in that patch _yesterday_.  (Had this email composing window
open on my desktop since yesterday, never hit "send"...)

> The following tests fail if you're running on a terminal or console with
> COLUMNS not equal to 80:
> busybox --help busybox
> busybox (about the same as the one above)
> busybox --help (ditto)
> busybox-suffix
> busybox-suffix --help

Hmmm.  Dunno why.  The help text is captured by calling busybox, and then we
make sure that various different invocations give us the same helptext...?

I'll try to remember to take a look...