Problems with insmod & modprobe

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Sep 21 17:40:08 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 21 September 2005 07:40, Scott Kirkpatrick wrote:
> It doesn't appear to be that problem.  All the modules are listed with
> full paths in modules.dep.  The weird thing is that the binary of
> busybox that is working is v1.00-pre8 that we build on 10/8/2004 and
> rebuilding it causes modprobe/insmod to not work.  The problem is that
> we don't know what gcc or uclibc version was used to build it, although
> it should be the same that we are using now.

If you currently can't build _any_ version that works for you, and the stuff
we build from the same source code works for us, it sounds like your build
environment contains something we didn't expect.

Can you tell us about your toolchain?  (Compiler, C library, kernel headers,
kernel being used, CPU architecture...)