[patch] make new parts of testsuite work via make check

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Sep 20 00:33:40 UTC 2005

On Sunday 18 September 2005 19:12, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When i do  make check
> i get ln:
> creating symbolic link `links/uniq' to `../../busybox': No such file or
> directory
>
> Attached patch fixes the new tests so they can be run via make check and
> by going into the testsuite directory and issuing ./runtests

I already made it so it'll work from runtest:

svn diff testsuite/runtest -r 11312:11322

Does it not work for you?

Looking at the patch...

Okay, I'd really rather _not_ introduce unnecessary environmental dependencies
on running these tests.  When it's run outside of make, $srcdir is not set.
We should not depend on srcdir being set.  I'd prefer making the dependency
on the current directory containing testing.sh more explicit, and having make
do a cd before trying to run it.

It's _nice_ to be able to just run "COMMAND=../busybox ./busybox.tests".

> The new tests do not support -v. Is this intentional?

Grep testsuite/testing.sh for the word "verbose".  (There are two hunks of
interest.  Basically all it does is if you get a failure it shows you the
diff -u between the expected output and the actual output.)  It worked for
me, what are you trying to do (or what did you expect that it's not doing?)