[gmail] My small file system with BB is too larget but I don't know why

Marc Leeman marc.leeman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 07:41:45 UTC 2005

>       I build file system(/tmp/fs)  with busybox 1.00,but it's size is 5.7M,that
> is too large.I don't know what happen ,I attach my config file ,and i use  uClibc
> toolchain(powerpc-linux-), i found that busybox in bin (/tmp/fs/bin/busybox) is
> too large about 5.7M ,i  only add default command ,why it is so big.

You have too much configured, go back into the configuration and remove
things you do not need. My default configuration I use on 5/6 embedded
systems i about 300 kB:

-rwxr-xr-x  1 mleeman firmware 299684 2005-09-19 03:41
/users/firmware/mleeman/build-svc.2.6.nightly-20050919-010003/cramfs/bin/busybox

Make certain that you are using your uclibc compiler and not the powerpc
cross compiler (if you have installed both).

The normal uclibc prefix is powerpc-linux-uclibc-, though powerpc-linux-
is linked to powerpc-linux-uclibc-. However, depending on your path and
if you have installed both, you might not get the compiler you hoped
for. I suggest you use "powerpc-linux-uclibc-" to make certain.

--
  greetz, marc
You'll be happy to know I have a plan.