setterm

Lord Sidiuz alastors at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 19:56:52 UTC 2005

> original setterm does more than this.

yes I now, but I only want color and don't know much about how to do the rest
of the things setterm does

> (And not just redoing terminal screen blanking,

??? stop talking in _insert_a_languaje_I_cant speak_here_
 I only now spanish and a little english.

> which is also just another funky escape sequence
> sent to the kernel, but resetting the default color so
> that when you esc[0m you get the new default color
> back...)

where can I get more info about that ?? so I can improbre a little this setterm,
note, gnu setterm code uses terminfo and the few comments explain very
little, i.e. not good documentation, not gonna use terminfo, so can't
understand and the code of gnu/setterm is plain ugly can't follow it.

> Strangely, that only seems to work on linux kernel
 >controlled text termals and
> not on konsole, so probably it's not important...
>
> Rob

the underline option included in my setterm only works in emulated terminals
( xterm, xkonsole... ) did you noticed that I wander why, is only
another escape sequence...

--
No corrijas al necio no sea cosa que te odie, corrije al sabio y te lo
agradecera.

          Atentamente Alastor.