CONFIG_* defines

Vladimir N. Oleynik dzo at simtreas.ru
Thu Sep 8 16:49:14 UTC 2005

I wrote:

> The Busybox has an old problem.
> after any usage make config, may be change FEATURE_* only
> 1) recompiling applets/* always, but may be not require
> 2) do not recompile applets, used this feature

Result of my two-day work.
Special internal busybox`s mkdep
ftp://ftp.simtreas.ru/pub/my/bb/new/bb_mkdep.tgz

usage from $TOPDIR after "make *config*" as

$ mkdir config

$ ./bb_mkdep -c .config -I include -I coreutils -I e2fsprogs -I e2fsprogs/blkid
-I e2fsprogs/e2p -I e2fsprogs/ext2fs -I e2fsprogs/uuid -I init -I networking -I
networking/libiproute/linux -I networking/udhcp -I shell -I util-linux -I
coreutils/libcoreutils -k config -d `find . -name "*.c" | grep -v ^./scripts/`
 > .bb_depend

Brrrr.

Result:

- config/*.h files generated from c-source and from .config keys
   (see trivial.l source for trivial insert key regexp)
- .bb_depend with dependeces for include to Makefile without standart <includes>

Very fast, very trivial. config/*.h file updated if .config key real changed.

--w
vodz