svn commit: trunk/busybox/networking/udhcp

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Thu Sep 8 15:25:30 UTC 2005

Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Thursday 08 September 2005 01:17 am, Rob Landley wrote:

>>>just so you know, we have to manually keep
>>>trunk/busybox/networking/udhcp/ in sync with trunk/udhcp/ so make sure
>>>you commit to both places :p
>>
>>Um, I don't have that repository checked out.  If you'd like to do the
>>honors...?
>
> i know we couldnt do it in cvs, but is there someway to automatically tag
> these files as shared in svn ?  kind of like softlinks between the repos ...
> -mike

Try looking into svn:externals.

Basically, you tell svn that a given directory really comes from another
URL.

Problem is (at least the last time I checked) you need to do two
separate "svn commit"s - one above and one inside the "external"
location. That said, the last time I read the docs about that, was in
svn 1.0 or 1.2...