CONFIG_* defines

Vladimir N. Oleynik dzo at simtreas.ru
Wed Sep 7 07:04:17 UTC 2005

Rob,

> I've been slowly switching things over to the ENABLE_* macros, which instead
> of being defined or undefined are always defined, but to 0 or 1.  That way
> they can be used in normal if() statements.  Since it's a constant, the
> compiler's "dead code elimination" optimization (a very old and very simple
> optimization, one even fabrice bellard's "tiny C compiler" does) can chop
> them out.

One point only:
if change:

#if[[n]def] APPLET_FEATURE_NAME

if(ENABLE_BLA_BLA)

then Linus mashine state for autogenerating dependences must rewrite and
stay hard problem.

PS: I shall not participate any more in this discussion. It is too much words
and business a little. I shall start to do a simple autoconfigurator is better.

--w
vodz