CONFIG_* defines

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Sep 7 05:03:47 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 06 September 2005 12:39, Allan Clark wrote:
> Busybox may co-exist with other projects that use Kconfig.

Although only the kernel is likely to accidentally pollute the
standard /usr/include namespace with CONFIG_ symbols, and for the kernel
symbols to be in there is a BUG in the glibc headers.

Any other projects that use Kconfig can call their symbols whatever they like
and it won't affect us because we're not going to suck in their source code
unmodified.

> In short, I agree that BB_* or BUSYBOX_* is probably a good idea...

I'm not attached to the ENABLE_ prefix, but I AM moving forward with the
switch to 0 and 1 based configuration symbols you can use in C code rather
than #ifdef and #ifndef stuff that turns C code into chop suey.

http://www.literateprogramming.com/ifdefs.pdf