can't compile current trunk

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Sep 5 04:03:18 UTC 2005

On Sunday 04 September 2005 21:23, Rob Landley wrote:
> On Sunday 04 September 2005 10:36, Dirk Clemens wrote:
> > If I compile the current busybox trunk it stops with the following error:
> >
> > .../applets/applets.c: In function `run_applet_by_name':
> > .../applets/applets.c:132: error: `ENABLE_FEATURE_SUID_CONFIG'
> > undeclared (first use in this function)
> >
> > And I can't found any definition of ENABLE_FEATURE_SUID_CONFIG
>
> Interesting...
>
> You're right.  "make allyesconfig" works, but "make allnoconfig" doesn't.

I think I fixed it.

We need some kind of permutation thing that goes through an "allyesconfig" and
switches off each symbol, and goes through "allnoconfig" and switches _on_
each symbol, then does a make oldconfig to fixup dependencies and a build all
to make sure none of these break.

(We can't do a full combinatorial check because that's 2^number of symbols and
probably wouldn't finish in our lifetimes, but it would be feasible to do
2*number of symbols builds and leave it running overnight to find warnings
and errors, and that's _almost_ as good...)