here is setterm and a gratituos question

Lord Sidiuz alastors at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 19:56:10 UTC 2005

>With a lookup table, we organize the suckers and make sure there's one copy of
>them ourselves.  And since we have to move it out to a seperate file for
>translation purposes anyway, a lookup table is easy to do.  (If all elsefails
>it can be built by a script...)
>
>Rob

I don't know what is a lookup table, if this takes cpu time I wont
like it, i prefer
to have a few duplacated strings, but I now that busybox is developed
with sized in mind, not optimizacion.

ok sow now i send the patch setterm i hope it gets to be in bb

and one thing, the way i handle the arguments it copied from what i
see in lots of code in bb but i really would like to do that in other
way, how do you do that,
what i have in mind is something like:

while ( (opt = my_get_opt( argc, argv )) != -1 ) {

       switch ( opt ){

       case 215: //this is total for 'f'+'o'+'r'+'e'+'g'+'r'+'o'+'u'+'n'+'d'
                    i++ ;
                    loco= i+j ;
                     gnsdkgn;
                     sfdhfht();
                     etc;

       case 232: //this is total for 'b'+'a'+'c'+'k'+'g'+'r'+'o'+'u'+'n'+'d'
                    i++ ;
                    loco= i+j ;
                     gnsdkgn;
                     sfdhfht();
                     etc;
       }

}

i don't like to compare two strings so this does the same job but no
strings are declared for compare later and i think is more eficient.

but this has some bad things, i think it is not portable, it depends
on the machine using ascii and two strings can have the same total

what's your opinion??

PD: I don't really know how to use diff nor patch so the file migth be
dangerous use with care jeje.

--
No corrijas al necio no sea cosa que te odie, corrije al sabio y te lo
agradecera.