Focus on 1.1 or 1.0.2?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Sep 3 02:07:50 UTC 2005

On Friday 02 September 2005 09:18, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Friday 02 September 2005 10:12 am, Rob Landley wrote:
> > >
> > > i think we should go for a 1.0.2 ...
> > > -mike
> >
> > So work on stabilizing and shipping 1.1 should happen when, exactly?
>
> when we feel 1.0 has been sufficiently stabilized and/or limits of
> development have been reached
>
> as long as we keep a limit on feature additions in 1.0, stabilizing should
> hopefully be a somewhat trivial task

We have significant new features already in 1.1.  You say that these features
should not be moved to the stable release because they're new features.  We
should also maintain the stable release rather than stabilizing the new
release.

Translation: there's really no point in these new features actually being
already written, is there?  They're going to languish for another year or
two, for no readily apparent reason.