[re]Bug in busybox base applet?

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Thu Sep 1 12:25:16 UTC 2005

Hi!

Quoting Bernd Petrovitsch <bernd at firmix.at>:
> I can imagine that there are situations where you do not want (or able)
> to install tens of sym-links (and just use shell functions) just have
> one binary named "busybox".
> I just can't get a good example together.

An example:
My machine loads the kernel and a simple initrd via PXE, and the initrd
then loads some modules (mostly network related), configures the ethernet
IF, mounts a NFS and pivots root to it. For this I don't care having tens
of symlink in the initrd, as user won't see it anyway. Bloats a little bit
the init script, but that's the way I choosed (plus it fits the scheme you
described! ;-) ).

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

--