Breaking testing.sh

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Oct 31 23:03:46 UTC 2005

On Monday 31 October 2005 08:40, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 29, 2005 at 10:36:47PM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
> > Congratulations, the introduction of --force means our test
> > infrastructure can no longer be used to test against the gnu utilities so
> > we can confirm our behavior against mainstream.
> >
> > That should _NOT_ be the default.  The darn flag should go the _other_
> > way...
>
> uhh, what ?
> -mike

I'd been planning on submitting the new busybox testing to the Linux Test
Project people, since they have so few command line tests.  It was also
designed so that I could trivially run the same set of tests against some
other version of the command in question (like the gnu one) to check
compatability.

Now it's hardwired to be busybox-specific by default, for absolutely no reason
as far as I can see.