BusyBox v1.00-pre10

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Oct 27 20:12:03 UTC 2005

On Thursday 27 October 2005 10:02, Renaud Barbier wrote:
> I have been using this version of Busybox for about a year with Linux
> 2.4.26 on a custom PPC (440GX).
>
> Recently, we have upgraded to 2.4.31 and somehow Linux does not get to
> the prompt.
> With 2.4.31 I do not see the rcS script being executed.
>
> I am still looking at mailing lists but I ahve not find a clue so far.

Some kernel versions don't feed "init" to argv[0].  Possibly stick a printf at
the start of main() in applets/busybox.c to tell you what argv[0] the kernel
is feeding you?

It's a guess.  I haven't used 2.4 for a couple years now.

> Is it time to upgrade?

We have a -stable series (1.00 and 1.01) precisely to make upgrades as
painless as possible... :)

I'm working on 1.02 now, for certain values of working...