Possible bug in mv (and possible fix)

John Bindby john.bindby at botech.se
Thu Oct 27 10:00:30 UTC 2005

Hi,

>We have a changelog?

;-) Oh, yes:
http://www.busybox.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/busybox/Changelog?rev=9416&view=markup

Updated 12 months ago...

>These days we have a source control system with a live web interface.  Pretty
>much obsoletes everything else...

How can I see there what changes have been made between different versions ?

>I vaguely remember something touching mv when I put together 1.0.1, but the
>details are a bit hazy.  Which is why I kept a list:
>
>http://www.busybox.net/lists/busybox/2005-August/015424.html
>
>Not seeing anything immediately relevant, though.  (I looked up 9650 and
>10868, neither was this problem...)

Looking at the latest code at
http://www.busybox.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/busybox/, it seems the
bug is fixed.
mv still continues if copy_file succeeds, and copy_file in turn use
bb_copy_fd_eof, which in turn use bb_full_fd_action, which in turn only
succeds if all data read is written.

I'll verify the behaviour...

Regards - John Bindby - Botech AB