Test suite

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Oct 27 00:52:53 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 26 October 2005 08:15, Robert Schwebel wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 11:35:11PM -0600, Chris Kottaridis wrote:
> > I have been experimenting with running ltp, the linux test suite, on a
> > machine using busybox with the linux-tiny patches applied. One clear
> > issue is that ltp seems to have /bin/bash scripts in it which of course
> > will fail since there is only ash and sh in busybox. Also, I am
> > wondering if I am going to run into issues related to table sizes or
> > other capacity limitations because of the linux-tiny patches.
> >
> > Is there some other Linux test package that is more appropriate for a
> > busybox environment running a kernel with the linux-tiny patches
> > applied, or are there some options to running the ltp tests that are
> > appropriate for my setup ?
>
> The right answer for an open source project like LTP is: if they rely on
> bash features, fix them to stick with sh syntax and send patches to the
> maintainers.

Actually, I have a pending to-do item to unify the busybox shell mess with the
full-feature version implementing the subset of bash features people actually
use.

If working on busybox was my full-time job I'd probably already be done right
now, but as it is I'm lucky if I can devote two hours a week to busybox.
(Alas, and alack, and all that.)