Unicode support in shell

ahmad hassan guideveloper123 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 26 11:54:12 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have finally found out that Suse linux 9.1 atleast displays the file i
have in japanese correctly on the shell but i think it is using X server
functionality. I did that by setting the locale to en_JP.shjis and relogin.
As i told u i have my own built mini linux distro with busybox so what are
the things needed to display CJK correctly.  I think i need some sort of
terminal emulator or i can do without it.  I have framebuffer and vga mode
support both in my kernel. How to do that i seriously need your help if you
can help.

Do i need some fonts. I have checked the option for locale support as well
into busybox now.

Regards,
Ahmad