strange device node color

frank sabella vze2gz6q at verizon.net
Sat Oct 22 19:46:07 UTC 2005

just compiled the latest snap of bb via buildroot. Installed it on the target and booted into it. All appears fine excepth the color of the device files are magenta.

The files were created via mknod on the host, at which time they were the usual yellow color, then copied to the target. All the device nodes appear to function properly.

I also treid compiling bb with the mknod applet so I could delete and recreate them on the target. All permissions and ownership shows correct, but no difference. I also tried copying the files from the host to target /dev. Again no difference.

The condition appears to only affect device files because any other type of file created anywhere else in the fs displays correctly, even in the /dev dir.

Any idea why they should appear magenta instead of yellow??

Many thnks

-Frank