svn commit: trunk/busybox/archival

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Oct 17 09:19:47 UTC 2005

On Monday 17 October 2005 03:46, Vladimir N. Oleynik wrote:
> Rob,
>
> > -# ifdef CONFIG_FEATURE_TAR_FROM
> > - if (exclude_file(tbInfo->excludeList, header_name)) {
> > + if (ENABLE_FEATURE_TAR_FROM &&
> > +   exclude_file(tbInfo->excludeList, header_name)) {
> >    return SKIP;
>
> Ohh. No. Do not convert #ifdef CONFIG_* to if(ENABLE_*) always before
> check it.

I checked yesconfig, noconfig, and baseconfig.

> If try it without CONFIG_FEATURE_TAR_FROM we give
> "warning (only) undeclared exclude_file()".

Did I miss an "#else\n#define exclude_file(a,b) 0" somewhere?

> Also. Busybox must spare memory usage!

I know.  (I'm playing around with gcc 4.0.2's optimizer, it's actually pretty
cool...)

If you're talking about runtime memory usage, excludeList was still defined in
the structure.  I didn't chop out an #ifdef around it, that I can recall.
(Just checked the checkin to confirm it.)

> Result: "excludeList" must shadow from tbInfo if ENABLE_FEATURE_TAR_FROM=0,
> and after this change we can`t compile with if(ENABLE_*) usage.

I don't know what you mean by "shadow from"...