udhcpd error

Jeff Haynes feedyurhed at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 03:11:57 UTC 2005

I know that most may not have any experience with udhcpd but I would greatly
appreciate any info anyone does have. I'm not having any luck getting the
daemon to run. I turned on "full" error messaging and am using the default
config file from the examples. My networking seems to be fine and when I
dhcp off of my router, I can ping web sites, etc. When I take the gumstix
(sorry, forgot to mention I'm using a gumstix) off the router and try to
start udchpd I get this (I don't have it in front of me, so the first two
lines are approximations):

Starting udchpd (ver 0.9.9)
info, 0 leases read
error, m

the last line is redirected from the /var/log/messages. If I let it go
through to msg, it also indicates that line is truncated.

Looking at source, the only error that starts with "m" in the udchp stuff is
"max_leases is..." blah blah but I am able to synthesize that error
separately and I don't think that's what this is.

I know it's probably a tough one but I've really gone though everything I
can think of. Can anyone give me a new place to look? Thanks,

jeff