Who is aldot again?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Oct 15 19:18:06 UTC 2005

Regarding svn 11872:

I spent a _long_ time trying to get loop.c to work at all reliably, so I have
an interest in it.

Erik didn't touch the file.  You're changing the date ranges on somebody
_else's_ copyrights.

You argue against ? : because it's a documented gnu extension (and definitely
not the only gnu extension we use, and this one has been picked up by other
compilers, such as intel's C compiler and TCC, which want to be able to
compile the Linux kernel).  Yet you also object to // comments which are c99.
Why does using c99 types but not c99 comments make sense?  You can't use
standards compliance as an argument against ? : while simultaneously arguing
against // which is in the standard.

In this case, however, your change is saving us nine bytes under gcc 3.3.5.  I
don't understand why (_weird_ optimizer glitch), but I'm not going to argue
against it.  Mentioning this in the checkin as the _reason_ (and not some ISO
thing you yourself aren't adhering to in your checkin) would be a good thing.