r12236

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Nov 28 00:43:27 UTC 2005

On Sunday 27 November 2005 14:47, Yann E. MORIN wrote:

> You actually didn't break anything, but:
> if insmod is not selected, then CONFIG_FEATURE_2_4_MODULES (and others)
> doesn't get defined.

Sorry, I meant ENABLE_FEATURE_2_4_MODULES.

> Roughly:
>   - lsmod makes use of CONFIG_FEATURE_CHECK_TAINTED_MODULE which gets
> defined only when insmod is selected;
>   - rmmod and modprobe makes use of CONFIG_FEATURE_2_6_MODULES,
> selectabble only when insmod is selected
>   - rmmod uses CONFIG_FEATURE_2_4_MODULES, again defined conditionally to
>     insmod.
>
> So I'm rearranging Config.in to reflect real config dependency in modutils.
> It will be in my next modprobe patch. Would you prefer a separate patch?

Since we're still checking these changes in to 1.1-pre2, I'd just like them as
soon as possible.  If I can manage to make the bug system work long enough
I'm going to try to get the bug count beaten down as much as I can and cut a
-pre2 in the next few days.  (I was aiming for the start of december, but I
suspect I'll miss it.)

1.1-final is shipping at the end of the year.  You have all been warned.  (If
it ships with unfixed bugs in the bug system, then it ships with unfixed bugs
in the bug system.  We can do a 1.1.1.)

After -pre2, the threshold goes up a bit.  I also need to poke Erik about what
I should do about the new -stable branch.  (Do a big checkin to sync the
-stable repository with the -devel one?  Fork off another branch?  Dunno...)