sed command in busybox

John Kelly jakelly at shtc.net
Thu Nov 17 20:01:08 UTC 2005

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 09:39:47 -0600, Rob Landley <rob at landley.net>
wrote:

>The sed testsuite was only recently converted from the old format to the new,
>and it's only testing about 1/3 of the sed command set (even the stuff it
>does test: it tests "s//" but not "s//g", or how about backrefs?).  Let alone
>all the funky the corner cases I have notes on.  I do intend to fix all that,
>but it's a big job, and probably won't happen this week. :)

Trying to be the real sed is a real big job.  Maybe too big.

>Right now, I need to close out the bugs.busybox.net list for sed and put out a
>-pre2.  The release happens new years

As a user of busybox, I appreciate the work you are doing, Rob.

I hope you don't aim too high and burn out.  I would be happy if you
just fix the worst problems and get 1.1 out.  Not everyone needs to
use an allyesconfig; we just omit stuff that doesn't work right. ;-)

You can save some bugs for 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 ...