sed command in busybox

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Nov 17 15:39:47 UTC 2005

On Thursday 17 November 2005 07:22, Bernhard Fischer wrote:

> >Hi all,
> >
> >Is there maybe some confusion about addresses and regexes?
>
> erm, yes I confused the range above. Still the 'c' operator looks like
> it isn't tested in the testsuite (and that was what i wanted to point
> out.)

The sed testsuite was only recently converted from the old format to the new,
and it's only testing about 1/3 of the sed command set (even the stuff it
does test: it tests "s//" but not "s//g", or how about backrefs?).  Let alone
all the funky the corner cases I have notes on.  I do intend to fix all that,
but it's a big job, and probably won't happen this week. :)

That said, the tests that are there do bring out 2 or 3 bugs in our
implementation, which I also plan to fix.  Feel free to bug me about it if
you care, and I'll try to move it up my todo list. :)

Right now, I need to close out the bugs.busybox.net list for sed and put out a
-pre2.  The release happens new years, and it would be nice to have all the
known bugs squashed by then.  (Yes, including the sed ones...)

But _right_ now, I have lots of non-busybox things I need to do...