Inetd.c sigpause() --> __xpg_sigpause() not in uClibc

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Wed Nov 9 23:07:11 UTC 2005

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005, John Z. Bohach wrote:

> On Wednesday 09 November 2005 02:36, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
>
> > if anyone had trouble w/ signal.h and uClibc-snapshot, I corrected an
> > issue that was introduced some days ago when I synced glibc headers w/ the
> > ones in uClibc. To overcome xpg_sigpause usage you could #define __USE_BSD
> > (of __FAVOR_BSD), but as mentioned earlier it was deprecated.
> >
> > Peter
>
> Peter, do you know how to prevent gcc from generating __xpg_sigpause and have
> it generate __sigpause instead when compiling network/inetd.c(sigpause()) in
> busybox?  Is this possible/desirable?
>
> I tried the -D__USE_BSD and -D__FAVOR_BSD (and also #define'd them in the file
> as a second attempt), but neither had the desired effect, and 'nm inetd.o |
> grep sigpause' resulted in '__xpg_sigpause'.  I think we'd be just as happy
> with this solution (sigpause --> __sigpause rather than sigpause -->
> __xpg_sigpause) as having uClibc provide __xpg_sigpause.  This way we
> wouldn't need to touch uClibc and the current inetd.c could stay as-is until
> its fate is decided...

this should have done it in the file where sigpause is called, added
before #include <signal.h>

0.9.28
#define _BSD_SOURCE 1 (or __USE_BSD)
svn
#define __FAVOR_BSD 1 (here _BSD_SOURCE would work too, if no other
_x_SOURCE is defined, see features.h)

alternatively (not really proposed because that could go away, you could
use __sigpause)

Peter