Inetd.c sigpause() --> __xpg_sigpause() not in uClibc

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Nov 9 05:11:46 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 08 November 2005 22:20, John Z. Bohach wrote:
> Anyway, a quickie fix is simply to revert the code around the sigpause()
> back to 11010, and in looking at that old code, I don't see anything
> obviously wrong with it, but then again I've not done a thorough code
> analysis on that portion.

Actually, I'm hoping vodz will pipe up and explain why we shouldn't just
revert the whole darn thing.  What is the advantage of the new version?  What
was wrong with the old one?  (This doesn't look like a cleanup to me...)

Again, it's not my area, but it looks kinda ugly.  (I could poke Erik to take
a look at it and give a judgement call, but I want to hear from vodz
first...)

> If you need me to do so, and actually send a
> patch back, I don't mind at all, since that's probably what I'll do anyway
> on my local copy of busybox just to get past this.  But if I really feel
> motivated,

A build failure against uClibc is a bug.  Send in a patch.

> I might add the __xpg_sigpause to uClibc and send that as a

If it's deprecated, I wouldn't bother.  Fix the app...