It's not a bug.

Rob Sullivan cogito.ergo.cogito at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 06:57:20 UTC 2005

> Anyone wanting new features in free software needs to understand that
> DIY is SOP.  Anyone who can't DIY, may pay a programmer who can.  And
> if they don't have that kind of money, then they must try to be happy
> with the features they have.

As far as I was aware, you didn't have to pay programmers to implement
a feature in free software that you can't program yourself - more
often than not, it's simply a case of posting an enhancement request
on a mailing list.
If everyone had to program their desired features themselves, then
free software wouldn't be too popular...