Adding udev support?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Nov 1 17:43:41 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 01 November 2005 03:51, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I got up 'early' this morning, and for what it's worth:
>
> On Tuesday 01 November 2005 094, Rob Landley wrote:
> > Frank Sorensen just took my dumb little udevstart replacement script and
> > turned it into C, over on linux-kernel (attached).
>
> Huho... Problem when read() returns 0 on line 35, then buf[ret - 1] on line
> 36 points one before the start of the array.

I didn't say I'd actually tried it out yet. :)

I wouldn't check this in as-is on a design level, because I think a config
file with _some_ permissions/naming/ownership policy is an important option.
Doesn't have to necessarily be as complex as the standard udev's, but there's
something to be said for compatability as well...