[OTAnn] Feedback

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Nov 9 18:21:02 PST 2005

On Wednesday 09 November 2005 04:02, Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Tue Nov 08, 2005 at 09:13:37AM -0800, shenanigans wrote:
> > I was interested in getting feedback from current mail group users.
> >
> > We have mirrored your mail list in a new application that provides a more
> > aggregated and safe environment which utilizes the power of broadband.

How does one utilize the power of broadband, anyway?  Something along the
lines of Captain Planet?  (By your powers combined, I am exceptionally
annoying!)  Or perhaps ala He-Man?  (The power of greyskull!  The power of
broadband!  The power of steroids!  I am the power!)

One common factor does seem to be that you grab the item in question (in this
case, presumably your router) and hold it above your head while making the
invocation.  Presumably this works better with wireless, so you don't have to
deal with as many dangling cables in the process.  (Let's see, if the cables
won't reach, are you allowed to kneel while raising up the thingy?  Tron
would appear to indicate "yes", but he was having further power infused into
the object, not invoking power already in the object.  (Putting it in rather
than taking it out.)  I call it inconclusive.)

Sorry, they seldom explain these things, and I do wonder...