[BusyBox] Init doesn't run it's scripts

Joel Bjurström maxxflow at gmail.com
Sun May 29 15:20:54 UTC 2005

Hi.

I have a problem, busybox init don't want to run my shutdown/reboot-scripts...

Here's my inittab:
--------------------------------------
::sysinit:/etc/rc.d/rc.startup

::respawn:-/bin/sh

# Start "askfirst" shells on /dev/tty2-4
tty2::askfirst:-/bin/sh
tty3::askfirst:-/bin/sh
tty4::askfirst:-/bin/sh

# Stuff to do before shutdown
::ctrlaltdel:/etc/rc.d/rc.reboot
::shutdown:/etc/rc.d/rc.shutdown
--------------------------------------

rc.shutdown: (rc.reboot is a symbolic link to rc.shutdown)
--------------------------------------
#!/bin/sh
#
# /etc/rc.d/rc.shutdown:  System shutdown script.
#
# maxxflow, <maxxflow at gmail.com>
#

# Set linefeed mode to avoid staircase effect.
stty onlcr

# Find out how we were called.
case "$0" in
        rc.shutdown ) command="poweroff" ;;
        rc.reboot ) command="reboot" ;;
esac

# Kill udhcpc so the DHCP leases can be returned:
killall -15 udhcpc 2> /dev/null

# Kill all processes.
killall5 -15
sleep 5
killall5 -9

# Turn off swap
echo "Turning off swap..."
swapoff -a
sync

# As we run from a ramdisk, we don't need to unmount it.

# G'bye...
$command
--------------------------------------

When i run "halt" or press Ctrl+Alt+Del, the system reboots, without
running the shutdown/reboot script.
But it does run rc.startup on boot...

What's wrong?

--