[BusyBox] question : how to run my shell on /dev/ttyS0 instead of /dev/console

Tomko tomko at avantwave.com
Fri May 27 04:12:32 UTC 2005

Hi everyone,

I find that the control-C doesn't work with my shell and i find the
message talking about this problem in the FAQ of the homepage, but i am
new to linux and can i ask the following questions?

1. how do i know where my shell running on ?  And what means "run on" as
shell is one of the process in the kernel.
2. i am actually using /dev/ttyS0 (UART) to be the inout of my embedded
linux system , is that means i am using /dev/ttyS0 to be the console?
3. i find that in the init process of kernel , it write
"sys_open("/dev/console", O_RDWR, 0) " , it seems the kernel default to
open /dev/console , do i need to make any changes to this ?
4.  the most important one : how can i run my shell on /dev/ttyS0
instead of running on /dev/console ? Do i need to change any code?

Hope someone can give me a hand and do you mind cc one copy of your
answer to my email pls ?

Thx so much

Regards,
TOM