[BusyBox] Re: "tar" with a directory argument doesn't extract the directory recursively

Ben Giddings ben+busybox at thingmagic.com
Fri May 20 19:42:23 UTC 2005

On Friday 20 May 2005 14:23, Rob Landley wrote:
> Hmmm...  We also want it to work with uClibc.  (As far as I'm concerned
the
> rest of the strange libraries out there can go hang.  I know we actively
do
> NOT support libc5 anymore...)
>
> I'll have to look at this when I'm more awake.

Ok.  From the look of things the fnmatch() can probably be replaced with a
simple strcmp if no flags are being used, and the first argument isn't a
shell pattern.  If that method is used, or we don't want to use
FNM_LEADING_DIR it would be easy enough to modify the 'filename' passed to
fnmatch() so that it removes all but the leading directory.

I could make a patch that does that instead.  I'm just concerned that
either of these changes will break another application that uses
find_list_entry and expects it to have the current behaviour.

Ben