[BusyBox] The "patches" directory.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue May 10 04:32:59 UTC 2005

On Monday 09 May 2005 10:34 pm, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Monday 09 May 2005 09:00 pm, Rob Landley wrote:
> > *shrug*.  I don't use ed.  Until I saw the patch in there, I thought the
> > only guy who did was Alan Cox. :)
>
> yeah ive never used ed myself but someone mentioned busybox not having ed
> on a Gentoo list so i was like 'bah!' and did it for fun
>
> > I only glanced at eject, but it seemed decent enough.  What did you have
> > in mind?
>
> it's pretty 'raw' still ... the arg handling should be chagned to
> bb_getopt_ulflags(),

Ok, point.  (Although support for -t strikes me as fairly optional anyway.)
But yeah...

> the open should be changed to bb_xopen(), and it only
> supports 'CDROMEJECT' and 'CDROMCLOSETRAY' at the moment when the normal
> eject supports so much more fun options !  then again, those two options
> are probably the only ones most people use ;)

Up until now I was unaware eject even had any options.  In the past 7 years
I've never needed any.  (You have to put the cd into the tray by hand, so I
close it by hand because my hand is there...)  I can sort of see the reason
for -c and -a to exist, but wouldn't bother implementing them until somebody
actually NEEDS them...

You want to take a whack at cleaning this up, or should I?