[BusyBox] More fun with my mount patch...

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon May 9 04:06:11 UTC 2005

I've attached the current version of my mount patch, for those of you bored
enough to play with it.  Currently it saves a little over 400 bytes on a
busybox with just losetup, mount, and umount (with all options below "mount"
enabled in menuconfig).

No, I haven't implemented user mounts yet.  That requires some suid
infrastructure, and I have to figure out how the suid stuff in busybox works
first.  (And the change history deleted from mount.c should get pasted into
the subversion comment during the checkin.)

I've just started cleaning up umount, and I have a question: Why on _earth_ do
we call do_umount() twice?  Is there some kind of undocumented intermittent
failure I should be concerned about?  What if we overmounted a mount point
and only want to back up one?  And when we can't umount something, is
automatically remounting it read-only sane default behavior?  (I'm assuming
this is for "umount /" before shutdown, right?

Just general head scratching...