[BusyBox] Modprobe passes parameters to modules only for kern el 2.6

Bertrand Mollinier Toublet bertrand at sdesigns.com
Sun May 8 17:48:40 UTC 2005

Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Fri May 06, 2005 at 03:55:52PM -0700, Fabrice Gautier wrote:
>
>> My own hack was simply to remove the #ifdef and "it works for
>> me"...(With a 2.4.26 uClinux kernel.)
>
> I have no idea what #ifdef you are referring to...
Fabrice cut a little too much context. The #ifdef he was referring to is
the one that was added in the change I was referring to:
http://www.busybox.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?rev=9103&view=rev

The #ifdef basically comments out all the parameter passing code in
modprobe for kernels that are not 2.6.

> Are you working with BusyBox 1.00 or some other version?

We are using BusyBox 1.00.
--
Bertrand Mollinier Toublet | Sigma Designs, Inc.
bertrand at sdesigns.com      |     (408) 957 9847