[BusyBox] getenv/setenv problem

David Bruce dbruce at ll.mit.edu
Wed May 4 20:17:21 UTC 2005

I'm using busybox 1.00 ash shell. I create an environment variable
before I run an application. That application will get the environment
variable (getenv) and set it to something else (setenv), then check the
change (getenv). Then the application exits. When the application runs
again the previously changed environment variable is back to its
original value.
I'm assuming that the changed happened in the (sub)shell that is running
the application. Do I need to do something else to change an environment
variable in the starting shell?

Thanks,
Dave