[BusyBox] chroot and pivot_root problem

paul at darkscape.net paul at darkscape.net
Wed May 4 09:08:15 UTC 2005

I've made a linux initrd with busybox 1.00 compiled with uClibc 0.9.27 and
am having problems with a chroot/pivot_root setup.
After the system boots up and the initrd is run, another more complete
root file system is downloaded. When I try chrooting into the new file
system I get this error:

/bin/sh: error when loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open

I don't understand this because libc.so.6 is there (including the file it
points to), along with ld-linux.so.2, in the respective /lib directory.
The chroot also successfully executes on the debian box where everything
is compiled.

uClibc was built with support for shared libraries and the shared library
loader prefix was renamed to prevent conflicts with glibc.

I realize this might not be the right mailing list to send this to, any
help in redirecting this would be grateful.